Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Time Keeping And Draws In Chess - Part Two

Well it seems this topic took on a life of it's own and I meandered off in a direction that made it hard for me to come back to the main thrust of what I wanted to be saying about draws and time keeping in chess, added to which might now be included "respect" or rather notions of in chess.

Well I guess the long and short of it is that people should really mind their own business and not be too worried about other peoples games or time-keeping in a tournament. As for the notions of respect often mentioned? Usually such people as mention these type of issues are the most rude and disrespectful around. If we all worry about our own games and leave others to play their own then I think we would all enjoy our games much more. Anybody who wants to turn up one minute or 59 minutes after the start of play is fine by me and in fact I would really really appreciate anyone who wishes to give me any sort of advantage I can get.

No comments: